Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 6 Post #14 - Technorati

Today I spent a some time on Technorati.

1). I searched for "Learning 2.0 in Blog posts section and got over 6,000 hits. The terms didn't stay together, even with "". Even using exact phrase - I got 554 hits. Using a tags search for Learning 2.0 the results list was more manageable, only 127, and searching the directory only brought 59 more focused hits - blogs about Learning 2.0.

2) I explored the "popular" blogs and found that most of them were technical. Under the "top searches" I clicked on Colbert and found many comments on Steven Colbert's big announcement last night on The Daily Show (and continued on Steven's show) - both of which I happened to watch. I watched a video called "Vision of Students Today" that I found under the video heading.

I had some technical problems with Technorati - it often timed out or was too slow going from one page to the next. It was frustrating.

No comments: