Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wellness #40

I clicked on all of the links in this exercise about exercise. I was not surprized by my results because I have been paying attention to information about health, fitness, and exercise for several years. My BMI was a little higher than I would like, but the loss of 10 pounds would bring it into the right range.

I don't think I would have much success with an online fitness or diet program because I don't like to spend a lot of time on the computer when I am not at work. Having a walking partner would be the best. Right now my partner is my dog, Henry, and he is 12 years old and doesn't want to walk as far as we used to. I may have to start taking a second walk without him to get in the amount of walking I need.

The exercise-at-your-desk is not really practical when you have nine people sharing a small workspace, but I do use the stairs rather than the elevator every day. In the fall and winter when it isn't raining I can walk during my lunch hour, it is too hot in the summer.

I am doing pretty with healthy eating, but like most people my age, I could use more exercise. I have maintained my weight at its current level for over a year. Of course my goal is to lose those 10 extra pounds, isn't that everyone's??!!

No comments: