Monday, November 12, 2007

Week 9, Post #20 You Tube, etc.

I looked for a couple videos on You tube by category, holiday home tours and christmas decorations. On the Holiday Home tours I was really looking for Holiday Tour of Homes, fund raisers where people can tour rich people's homes and see how the other 1/4 of the people live. What I got was a tour of a holiday home in England - where a family rented a home for a vacation (holiday to them).

The video I chose to write about is "Show Me How - Christmas decorations sample." It gave instructions on how to make some tree decorations. I don't know why I chose this one, I am not the least bit crafty and I couldn't make a Christmas decoration to save my life. I was looking for houses decorated for Christmas and came across this craft video.

In honor of Veteran's Day, I viewed a video "Thank You Veterans." it was only 51 seconds long, but was moving nontheless.

I can see where You Tube could be useful in marketing the library as long as the videos were of professional quality, clever, fun, and interesting. It is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff, and there is a lot of chaff.

No comments: