Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Potluck #55 Facebook

I have been a Facebook user for awhile now. I have 79 "friends," some named Sandham from England and South Africa. I finally decided to 'hide' the posts from people I don't really know (and some I do) because I wasn't really interested in them or them in me. I have had a great time keeping up with my nieces and nephews, married kids, and former coworkers. I have enjoyed videos and pictures of many relatives and some funny video postings by friends from YouTube. I occasionally chat with my daughter or my daughter-in-law or one of my nieces using Facebook.

I have added numerous applications, Flair, Pets, Virtual Bookshelf , and Good Karma, to name a few. I use Virtual Book shelf a lot, but have kind of let my pet down. My virtual pet, Bennie, the Airdale has been neglected lately and probably needs food and attention. I share Karma and plants from Lil Green Patch with friends and coworkers, just to let them know I am thinking of them.

It was very easy to sign up and to find friends. I will probably stay with Facebook, but I don't get on as often as I used to. I really dislike the new format. My favorite applications are Virtual Bookshelf and Good Karma. I like Notes too and have used it often to take quizzes or to post favorite quotes.

It is good to know that you can permanently delete your Facebook account. May not want this stuff on the 'ethernet' forever!

No comments: