Monday, February 23, 2009

Post #53 - Exeercise 3 - Reading downloaded book

I downloaded "March to the Sea" by David Weber and John Ringo from the Baen Free Library. I downloaded it in the RTF format and it read like a Word document. I don't like reading things on the screen, the glare and the uncomfortable sitting gives me a stiff neck. I even print out magazine articles to read later so I don't have to read them on the screen. The only advantage I can see over a traditional book is if the book is not available or is out-of -print. I would much rather read a book on my sofa or in my bed then read one on the computer screen. I have not used a Kindle or other book storage device but they don't sound like something I would like. Give me a paperback (or these days LT). I guess on an ebook reader you can set the size of the type, that would probably be an advantage.

No comments: