Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Week 3 Post #6

Wow, is there a lot of stuff out there that I know nothing about, and probably never will! I enjoyed looking at the Flickr mashups and could have spent way too much time on this assignment, just clicking to see what things do. I doubt that I will use any of this for my job (or personal use), except to be aware that it is there.

The Colr Pickr was very pretty. You select a color from the color wheel and the Colr Pickr loads a selection of 12 photos from Flickr that best match your selected color.
The Triggermap was fun to look at. I personally don't spend that much time on my computer after work. I may use the trip planner though. I have started a "my trip" to Alpharetta, GA since we are going there for Thanksgiving. Thought I'd give it a try.

Tagnautica sounds like an interesting application. You navigate through Flickr images by browsing related tags. Each related tag is supplied with a background image from Flickr and a number indicating the number of Flickr photos with that tag. You can zoom in on each tag by mousing over its node, and clicking on a tag draws a new ring with that tag at the center. You can keep drilling down, finding new images and new relationships between tags.

No comments: